Sign in to follow this  
JDev

[web] single login multiple session varibles

Hello, I'm trying to write a single login page that will set session variables for multiple applications, and allow the user to login once and use each of these applications. This has been working fine for the applications in which I wrote. However, I am now trying to add squirrelmail to my list of pages and I'm running in to some funny results. Squirrelmail doesnot see the session variables that I set and my applications don't see any of the session variables that squirrelmail has set. Both applications are on the same server and I'm connecting to them with the same browser (firefox) and using the same tab as well. My question is, is there a problem with having session variables reference code that is in diffrent directories as the rest of the initially calling code? thanks in advance, JDev

I recently did this while integrating a few open source apps together. What would do is look into how squirrel mail logs in and then create a page that mimics that with encrypted data that you pass when opening the page. decods the login data that was passed and verify that it is valid for squirrelmail then proceed to set the session variables that squirrel mail uses to signify login on your custom page. Then redirect to the page in squirrelmail that you want to show.