Engine Programming

Started by
4 comments, last by Sr_Guapo 17 years, 10 months ago
Hello guys, A few months ago i started with learning level design. But i also want to learn something about engine programming. Maybe you guys have some nice good tips for me ( thigs like: How / Where to start ) Or some good tutorials for beginners. Thanks, Phantom
Advertisement
Do you know how to program already?

Otherwise I'd recommand you read this.

Cheers!
No, i dont know a programming code sofar.... i already ordered a book c++ Called: C++ in 21 Days,i heard that it's a good book to start with.

I think i also gonna order a normal c++ book not a in 21 days version..

Phantom

You should probably start doing the tutorials on CProgramming while you wait, although C++ in 21 days is an abysmally bad book.
The Teach yourself C++ in 21 days is also available online second edition.
I dont agree that it is a bad book. If you have to go over the whole language in 21 days as a beginner, it is definitly helpful.
Quote:Original post by Ravuya
You should probably start doing the tutorials on CProgramming while you wait, although C++ in 21 days is an abysmally bad book.

I dissagree. Just don't let the title trick you. C++ takes years to master. 21 days will barely introduce you to half of its features. That book teaches the items in a fairly logical way and includes excercises and questions in each chapter. The only way to learn a programming language is to program. That book will give you a great start, just be prepared to do extra work on the side.

The best part is it is the book used in our current C++ Workshop. If you have the book, you are welcome to join. We go through about 1 chapter a week and have extra questions and a special forum for any questions you may have. I strongly encourage you to join in.
Sean Henley [C++ Tutor]Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement