"Latest comments" feature for your journal?

Started by
6 comments, last by ApochPiQ 17 years, 10 months ago
Sometimes I get people who will post a comment on an old journal entry, and I'll never see it because I don't go poking through every post looking for new comments. [grin] Maybe if there were a thing with the last five commented-on posts, it might help alleviate this issue. Also, the "Pick From Friends" feature when sending a Private Message does not appear to be themed with the rest of the site (I am using the black background and it appears as regular white).
Advertisement
I agree.

While the idea of a Private Message-like indicator has been floated before, why not just send a private message to the journal owners inbox when a post gets commented on? Woudl it

Failing that, either something like the Private Message indicator, or perhaps an RSS feed with the last 5 posts that have been commented on in descending order could be made available to the owner?
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
I've said it before, but just for the hell of it I'll say it again: I'd love to see this feature! [smile]

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

That would be great, as I've sometimes wanted to post comments to old journal entries but figured they'd never get read. Plus I'd like to see this for my own journal too.
I imagine the PM for a journal post feature would get implemented if and when we add a PM notification for new thread replies... It's on the list, but we're mainly focussing on fixing bugs right now, not adding new things.
Quote:Original post by evolutional
It's on the list, but we're mainly focussing on fixing bugs right now, not adding new things.
Well if its on the list then I'm happy [smile]

You and the other site devs just keep up the good work [wink]

Cheers,
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Quote:Original post by evolutional
It's on the list, but we're mainly focussing on fixing bugs right now, not adding new things.

Well work harder damn you! Don't make me get the whip out! [grin]
Bah, nobody else wants that [razz]

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement