[java] java and the browser

Started by
1 comment, last by CaptainJester 17 years, 10 months ago
My program looks like this, I have 2 containers (each one is half the vertical screen size). In the left container I have a bunch of text fields, buttons, etc. What I want to do is have the user enter something in the text fields like 'cats', then click the button. On the click, I want a webpage to load inside the right container with the search results. I dont know if its possible to have the window load inside the container. Any suggetions on if this is possible?
Advertisement
If you have a special class made that is a web browser window, it's possible, otherwise, you'd need to do some major hacking to get something like internet explorer inside that container. Look for a browser class someone made, or make your own, otherwise you'll need to learn how to do native code (C++, DLLs etc.) and learn how to load the object that visualbasic and C# use for the broswer window, and that is NOT something you should try, if you're having trouble at this stage.

So try to find a web browser class someone made, and use that.
javax.swing.JEditorPane
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement