Sign in to follow this  
niazware

Cursor problem

hi everybody I've a strange problem concerning the mouse cursor in full screen mode, I can successfully hide the mouse cursor in full-screen mode, I use my own cursor (actually I use an image - a sprite - for my cursor and change its position according to mouse movement obtained from DirectInput), when I move the mouse to corners (specially top-right) the Windows cursor reappears and even causes problems for the game, for instance clicking at the right-top corner causes the program to close (because when I run the game from Visual Studio environment, there is a close button in the top-right corner which is being clicked) I've set the hCursor of WNDCLASSEX to null, and I've called both D3D and Windows cursor functions for hiding the cursor: SetCursor( NULL ); Device->ShowCursor( FALSE ); ShowCursor( FALSE ); what should I do? what's the problem, what's going wrong here" thanks in advance

I had the same problem. It's something with the frame of your window. When you create a window in your full screen you still have a pixel frame around the window that you probably can't see. So what I did is i created the window with no frame, I think it was the option that had popup in the name. I'm not sure, if you really want to know what it is, just pm me. Hope that helps.

As Bliz23 said, check your window style flags and use something like WS_POPUP instead of WS_POPUPWINDOW, you don't want those minimize, maximize, frames, etc if you're running fullscreen. Also, setting the cursor to null/hiding it will only cause it to not appear, it will still be perfectly functional, only invisible.