Game idea i've had for a while.... any comments welcome!

Started by
3 comments, last by golar 17 years, 10 months ago
This is a first person shooter idea, similar to STALKER. You are a Private operative in a semi-futuristic army set in about 2005-2006. Your main objective is to eliminate all enimies from half dead zombies to giant tracked robots. There are many different spawn-points for the enimies to make it more random. The story is a clash between two sides (or factions) the Rebels and Alliance. Who have been in an oil war since 1990. The argument has since escalated into a war, which has gone out of conrol very quickly. Your teammates get slaughered by the Rebels very early in the game, so you are own your own for most of the game. Rebels soon take you captive and your are turned into a half man-half zombie robot with special powers which are developed with an RPG like system. In the end of the game your past is resolved which was questioned earlier in the game, and all the pieces fall together to end the story/war. The weapons are modern weapons like; AK-47's, M4A1s, M60, G36, Glock, 50 Cal sniper. There are few vehicles, but the ones you control/man weapons in are a variation of a T-55 MBT, a abandon city bus, and an 'Technical' Pickup truck. Does anyone like this idea?
Advertisement
Oil war is a bit too political for me, but otherwise good. I'd like to hear more about the gameplay now that I've heard the story. Will you be able to make modifications to yourself, since you're part robot? Replacing limbs with guns would be cool, if you don't mind making the extra models. What exactly do you mean by special powers? Do you mean (semi)realistic ones like punching through walls, jumping over buildings, infrared vision, etc. or are you thinking more along the lines of telekinesis, magic fireballs and the like?
Quote:Original post by MrBigBoom
This is a first person shooter idea, similar to STALKER.
You are a Private operative in a semi-futuristic army set in about 2005-2006. Your main objective is to eliminate all enimies from half dead zombies to giant tracked robots. There are many different spawn-points for the enimies to make it more random.

The story is a clash between two sides (or factions) the Rebels and Alliance. Who have been in an oil war since 1990. The argument has since escalated into a war, which has gone out of conrol very quickly. Your teammates get slaughered by the Rebels very early in the game, so you are own your own for most of the game.
Rebels soon take you captive and your are turned into a half man-half zombie robot with special powers which are developed with an RPG like system. In the end of the game your past is resolved which was questioned earlier in the game, and all the pieces fall together to end the story/war.

The weapons are modern weapons like; AK-47's, M4A1s, M60, G36, Glock, 50 Cal sniper.

There are few vehicles, but the ones you control/man weapons in are a variation of a T-55 MBT, a abandon city bus, and an 'Technical' Pickup truck.

Does anyone like this idea?

It's not necessarily a bad idea, but we don't have much to go on. You've told us a story, yes - but as a quick playthrough of Super Mario Bros. will tell you there's a lot more to a game than a story. You're all set up for a really fun game I think: as Josh alluded to there's a lot you can do with a half-robot hero and guns.

What kind of special powers are we developing through this RPG-like system? What's the basis for advancement - kills, progress in the game, certain actions? What are the enemies like? Is the game more about shooting or running or hiding? (ok, it's probably not about hiding if you drive an abandoned city bus) Do the Rebels have a base or some sinister plot? So on. Expand your idea into what the player will do. [smile]
It only takes one mistake to wake up dead the next morning.
From what i have heard im not interested simply bassed off the fact that all i have is story and general game play to think about.

Post some more thoughts about how it works and how the story developes, but primaraly on what is it like to play the game.

Cant wait to hear more about it tho, keep uo the good work.
BLOG: http://rhornbek.wordpress.com/
Half-man half-zombie robot?

Isn't that a bit of overkill? Why not throw a bit of elf and some vampire in there too?

I do like the overall idea, but I think one improvement you could make on it is simply by taking greater advantage of the alternate timeline. Instead of using the cliche AKs and bazookas and such, think about using fictional weapons that have developed for necessity of use... such as a pyrotechnic shotgun for killing zombies, or an EMP bolt gun for taking down robots?

Being able to upgrade your character's robotic/bionic features would be good in an RPG-style game, as you suggested.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement