• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Viewports.

This topic is 6214 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I noticed in the help file for PR3 there was a VIEW_MOTIONBLUR for the viewport type. I''m assuming this was removed from PR4 because it doesn''t compile if I use that argument. Is there any way that I can achive motion blur in PR4B1?? -Rich

Advertisement
That was left over from software rendering. To achieve motion blur on today''s 3D hardware, you''ll have to use some kind of trick.

- Voodoo 5 used an accumulation buffer to blend between
different frames and make motion blur. Not a good solution
because hardly anyone will have the correct hardware to see it.

- Instead of clearing the screen, just clear the zbuffer and draw a translucent black polygon over the scene. You will also have to draw the entire scene using alpha blending. This will essentially blend between old and new frames, like 30% of the previous frame is left behind, then you add in 70% of the new frame. Obviously this isn''t suitable for all scenes but it can be used for some nice effects.

- If you want motion blur on a single object and not the entire scene, you could try drawing the object several times in different positions and alpha values.

• Advertisement