What technical terms to know in 3D Programming

Started by
3 comments, last by Prototype 17 years, 10 months ago
For quite sometime I was wondering... There seems a lot of foreign terms to me in 3D programming. So I'm asking this question, what technical terms do I need to know in 3D programming? Thanks!
We should never stop learning...
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by armond
For quite sometime I was wondering... There seems a lot of foreign terms to me in 3D programming. So I'm asking this question, what technical terms do I need to know in 3D programming? Thanks!
There are countless different terms or areas of investigation that could be considered relevant, if you consider all fields that are connected to 3D programming in some way. Perhaps you could specify a particular area, or give an example of a term that is unfamiliar to you.
These might help:
The Matrix and Quaternions FAQ
Coordinate Systems, Vectors, Planes FAQ

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

Quote:Original post by yaustar
These might help:
The Matrix and Quaternions FAQ
Coordinate Systems, Vectors, Planes FAQ

Agreed. Also I would just get acquainted with as much as you can with the OGL 1.1 spec.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Also read a lot of (good) code, so you learn how to choose proper function names etc. I've seen people code in Dutch, French and even Chinese because they don't know how to put it in English, and it really makes you toes curl. Good function/variable names makes your code easier to understand for other programmers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement