Cool graphics

Started by
2 comments, last by JY 17 years, 10 months ago
I'm bored at work and was hoping you guys could give me some ideas for cool stuff to look at. Specifically, some cool ideas for graphics - the likes of which you see in MP3 visualisations, screen savers, demos etc.etc. What i'm looking for is a programming exercise, so I don't want to grab code but read some theory and code it for myself. Thanks guys
"Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own." - Lee Jun Fan
Advertisement
How about particle systems? I for myself love coding particle systems... :)
If you're wanting a programming exercise then just run a search for "procedural graphics" (or similar), with a bit of effort you can create some pretty impressive results purely from source code...

I wrote a few intentionally broken ray-tracers when I was bored a few years back. Maybe just me, but this whole thing about light going in straight lines is so overrated [grin]

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Morrandir: i've done particle systems before but having just looked at some particle screen savers I think perhaps there is a lot more I could do in terms of the motion of the particles.

jolly: I shall do that search - I just came across chaotic attractors which look like they could be fun to code up.

Thanks guys, that should sort me out for the afternoon ;)
"Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own." - Lee Jun Fan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement