Sign in to follow this  
Esmo2000

OpenGl linewidth function doesn't work

Hi All! I'm writing a program that only has to do some very basic things (Its being used for modelling some basic polygons). I want to make the lines thicker, but, call glLineWidth() does not seem to change the size of the lines I'm drawing no matter what. Can anyone suggest why not? I thought you might need some code snippets of where I did init code etc... Thanks!! int main(int argc, char** argv) { glutInit(&argc, argv); initGraphics(); glutMainLoop(); return 0; } void initGraphics() { glHint(GL_POINT_SMOOTH_HINT, GL_FALSE); glPointSize(1.0); glLineWidth(10.0f); glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_DOUBLE | GLUT_RGB); glutInitWindowSize(Width,Height); glutInitWindowPosition(400,400); glutCreateWindow("Bounding box application"); glutDisplayFunc(drawDisplay); glutReshapeFunc(resizeFunc); } void resizeFunc(int w, int h) { if (h<=0) h=1; glViewport(0,0,w,h); glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); glLoadIdentity(); gluOrtho2D(0,w,h,0); glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW); Width=w; Height=h; }

I don't know how glut works, but perhaps the problem is that you call glLineWidth before glutInitDisplayMode. Maybe OpenGL is not ready to receive calls until after the glutInitDisplayMode function runs.Try moving the call to glLineWidth to right before you draw the lines.

Sorry if that's way off the mark.