• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did NeHe get angry

This topic is 6213 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

and write some not so nice things in the last few days because my schools internet filter has started blocking his site. I can still get to the forums through gamedev, but still, this really stinks.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
NeHe has not write anything in the last few days and I do not think that your school is blocking his site. The problem seems to be the servers at gamedev.

Last time I checked did it get fast so hopefully is everything OK now.

Yep! Your school is blocking the site!
They probably have the filters set to a really high value so they can end up automatically blocking stuff from one occurance of someone typeing a sensored word. Or the administration may have looked at the records and found frequent accesses to the site and after reviewing the site content determined that it was not neccisarry for you education and blocked the site so you wouldn''t be able to use the computers for anything but school work!
There''s a link on that page for contesting the legitimacy of the blocking of a site. I''d suggest you use it or contatct the shool administration to have the block removed!

That''s interesting, your school blocks nehe''s site but not the forum. I kind of question the logic there since people are always posting inappropriate stuff in here, e.g. how the f**k do you use gluPerspective. Go figure.
fs

http://www.CornflakeZone.com
//-- Modelling and animation in every dimension --//

So this is your last post on this board :-)
------------

I think AvianRR is right, you should go to your administrator and ask if he can undo the block, there is no point in blocking sites if the sites aren''t offensive.

My school administrator is pretty lax, and by that I mean he doesn''t give a crap. I worked with him for a summer a couple of years ago and we spent about 4 hours a day playing star craft in the server room. I don''t think our school has blocked even a single site, and you can play all sorts of video games from it, even those outside of the lan.

Heh, and even if he did block sites, he wouldn''t block this one because my computer class gives regular assignments off of here.

Guest Anonymous Poster
My school blocks nothing. They only request that you don''t visit inappropriate sites where someone may be offended when they look over your shoulder. Pretty cool... They even have many systems in the labs with games like Quake3 installed on them... They just request that if you play use some headphones as to not disrupt the others in the lab.

Guest Anonymous Poster
YOU ALL KNOW YOUR WRONG FOR TREATIN US THE WAY THAT YOU DO. I WANT MY R E S P E C T AND I MEAN THAT ONE THING TO!!
NOW THIS IS HOW IT ALL GOES. ONE DAY I GO TO LOGON THE COMPUTER AND I GET THIS X-STOP. X-STOP?? WHAT''S THAT?? FIREWALL YOU SAY?? WHY?? WHAT IS SO BAD ABOUT THIS SITE. THERE''S NO HARMFUL CONTENT HERE, OR ATLEAST I DON''T SEE ANY?? AND NOW LET THE FLAME BEGAN!!

Hay i feel your pain my school blocks websites to from entertainment to social crap like email. Well i live in George in a county called fulton. It''s the largest county in george. they piss me off sometimes because they block stupid shit. When a site is blocked i get the messag

X-Sotp
Reason: enterteianment, hacking, shoping, etc.
Level: the level of dangerous content on the page.

I only use the school computers because i love suffering the web on that damn T1, wow FAST. i come home to this pooky old 56k crap damn thing just disconected me in the middle of this so now i had to start all the way over, bloody annoying process to go through over and over agian.

In my county the schoo does''t to the block the county does. this was put into effect when some idiot was caught looking at nudity on the web pervert your only 12 what do you know about such crap. well because of him and his mommy they came up with the idae of putting a filter(fire wall) on the computers. Now when you visit sites does''nt matter what you get and X-Stop thing. what the hell are they going to do block the whole bloody internet from you.

You can try talking to your admistrative person but it''s probaly useless they have no say so or atlest mines doesn''t all the the blocking of sites goes through the board. Man what kind of perons sites there and blocks site all day everyday their job must suck. Or maybe they just like to tormene the teachers, students, admistraters, and etc. all across the county.

I have fond this theory which seems to be slightly true if you vist a site more than 10 times in like 3 days then the site is automaticly blocked. Doesn''t make any sence it''s like being in a electronical prison. You can''t go anywhere. Come on the site doesn''t hurt your computers so why block it. Idiots.

The person that said your school doesn''t block anything is lucky. That probly want last long. They say don''t go to any bad sites. What kind of crap my county was the same until that little boy broke the Horn Code System then the ramification of his action was a firewall.

The firewall can block certian parts of the webpage i found that out one day win i visited i-win and cnet. I-win had certian parts blocked cnet you could visit the front page but that was it. That little punk was picking at me say hay i''ll let him see that font page but if he tries to go to other parts of the site i want let him. May this will work a over load of the firewall may let you through the gate ways of hell.

I only know of one site which was never blocked and that was shockwave.com, probbaly because it pops from here to there but i douth it may the person at the front desk visits it doing his free time and plays games. Hay not fair if my site is blocked should be to i say you don''t get any special privalges becuse of your position, but hay that''s life he''d say i bet, so deal with it.

Sometimes i get so pissed at my sites being blocked that i want to...but i don''t because that would result in serious consequences.

I FELL LIKE THIS IF THE SITE IS NOT TEACHING MY HOW TO HACK, OR LETTING MY BUY CRAP LIKE MERCHANDIE OR TRAIED STOCKS THEN IT SHOULD NOT BE BLOCKED. BUT IF YOU TEACH A CLASS LIKE ECINOMICS THEN YOU WOULD NOT WANT AND INVESTMENT SITES BLOCKED. BUT IF IT''S JUST ENTERTAINMENT LIKE A MESSAGE BOARD SUCH AS THIS ONE OR A WEBSITE LIKE NEHE''S AND OTHERS THEN IT SHOULD NOT BE BLOCKED. I MEAN HAY I CAN''T DOWNLOAD ANYTHING ANYWAY BECAUSE I DON''T HAVE ACCESS TO THOSE FEATURES BUT I CAN OBTAIN THEM IF I WANTED TO. HAY DON''T BLOCK THE SITE IT''S BAD ENOUGH TO GO THROUGH A WHOLE DAY OF SITTING IN A CHAIR AND LEAVING THE SCHOOL WITH A SAOR ASS BECAUSE THERE WASN''T ANYTHING TO DO. HAY WE ALL NEED OUR LEISURE TIME THAT''S WHY WE MADE THE TRACTOR TO CUT THE CROPS FASTER, THE COMPUTER TO CALCULATE NUMBERS FASTER, PLAIN TO FLY ACROSS THE WORLD IN JUST HALF- ONE DAY, THE CAR TO GO DOWN THE STREET TO THE SUPERMART FOR THAT GALLON OF MILK YOUR WIFE OR GIRL FRIEND ASKED FOR, AND THE BOAT TO GO ACROSS WATER. ALL OF THE ABOVE THINGS WERE MADE TO MAKE OUR LIFE EASIER. LET THE KID SEE HIS/HER WEBSITE THAT''S WRONG MAN SHE/HE MAY NOT HAVE A COMPUTER AT HOME SO HE COMES TO SCHOOL TO SEARCH THE NET. I KNOW BECAUSE A LOT OF KIDS AT MY SCHOOL DO IT, INFACT I USE TO. COME ON CAN''T YOU BE NICE AND LET US HAVE SOME FREEDOM. I MEAN SCHOOL IS BECOMING ORE LIKE A PRISON THAN A SCHOOL. SUCH AS I WOULD NOT KNOW THIS PERSONALY BUT FROM OTHERS AROUND ME A PRISON IS OVER CROWDED LIKE A SCHOOL, THAT''S WHY WE HAVE TRAILERS, AND THE TEACHERS HAVE MORE SAY SO IN CERTIAN THINGS. WELL I''M DONE MY FINGERS HERT AND MY BRAIN IS RUNING ON "E" I''M TIRED GOING TO GET SOME REST ADIOS AMIGOS AND HASTA MANANA ON THE GAMEDEV NETWORK. I HOPE YOU LIKED MY ESSAY HERE OR ATLEAST YOU CAN SAY A NOVEL I GUESS. I''M YOUR PALL HALF WAY SO YOU SAY ANONYMOUS POSTER AND I''M SIGNING OUT.

Guest Anonymous Poster
hay my administrative person doesn''t care whethere or not the class deals with site they''re just a bunch of$^^%^%.bye

Guest Anonymous Poster
Move to Sweden! The land of T1/T3 cable...

• Advertisement