• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Anonymous Poster

Tell DirectDraw to re-draw Windows Surface

This topic is 6761 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Thanks mutex,
That cleared up(no pun intended) the refreshing the screen problem, but in full-screen mode, when the mouse goes over the Taskbar's(and only the Taskbar's) toolbar buttons, the button is drawn onto the primary surface. I think it is because windows still has the address of the primary surface. I clear both the front and back-buffers at the beginning, but I don't draw to them yet. Will this go away if I am drawing to the surfaces every frame?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Thanks mutex, it worked!

about how the taskbar buttons are popping up in fullscreen, this shouldn't happen. make sure your window has always on top flag, which is WS_EX_TOPMOST, or you can use SetWindowPos and pass HWND_TOPMOST.

oh and you're welcome =)

------------------
http://members.xoom.com/mutex0

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hi

Sorry about the other confusing message. (Note to moderator: You can delete the other message from "Confused", titled "How do you provide Alt-Enter FullScreen")

I decided to re-prase that message with new info. I am providing the ability in my game to switch between Full-Screen flipping and Windowed mode with DirectDraw using the Alt-Enter key combination. The trouble begins when you are in full-screen mode. If the cursor goes over a toolbar button(on the GDI, but not visible), it pops into view. Also, when you press Alt-Enter again, the GDI surface is not re-drawn. How do I tell Windows or DirectDraw to redraw the GDI when I press Alt-Enter?

• Advertisement