Attention game developers, Sell your games through our download site.

Started by
13 comments, last by rian carnarvon 17 years, 10 months ago
Quote:Original post by Palidine
http://www.garagegames.com

AFAIK that site already does what you are proposing your site will do. At least that's what i thought, it seems very geared towards torque, but i don't know if torque is a requirement for selling in their store. either way it's definitely competition.

-me

Torque is not a requirement, but they are selective about what games they will publish. They spend money on deals to advertise and distribute your games through Yahoo and other portals, so they aren't going to waste their money on just any game. This site sounds like it would be open to all games, and as far as I know, there is no site that is quite like he is describing that is geared towards game exclusively (although www.download.com comes close).

Incidentally, I would be interested in distributed a game through you're site. I have only one game finished right now, but hope to have another before the end of the year.
Advertisement
I took a look at garagegames.com and although my idea is quite simmilar, my site isnt selective as to which games are put on the site. Any game would be accepted as long as it doesnt require extra steps to start other than something similar to just going to say your start menu > all programs > *game* or something similar. and even if it doesnt just place some instructions with it that tell you how to launch it.

I am going to be away till sunday so i probably wont get a chance to answer any more messages till then, so just leave any questions, comments, games, what ever and ill get to them as soon as i can.

nimrand, i havent checked my email but if you havent yet leave me a message here or email me with information similar to how medevilenemy wrote his so that i can put you down for wanting to sign up with the site. As long as i have your email address i can contact you in the future when the site launches so that you can fill in the information needed to sign up with the site as a developer and put your game in the system.

one thing id like to add is also.. garagegames.com has royalties starting at 65% that means you would get 65% of the income... we will be giving you 90 - 60 % , probably depending when you sign up with us. For the first year i intend to only charge 10% and any games that are added at that time only charge 10% for life. then it will be 20% and probably stay there for the longest time. the 30 - 40% is only in the event that the site is in dire need for it but that shouldnt happen. So you still win if you sell your game with us.
Sounds like a good initiative, but what kind of exposure will your site offer an indie game-dev? If any game gets on your site, will you be able to maintain a name of quality towards players?
Create-ivity - a game development blog Mouseover for more information.
I'm totally interested. I've made a couple of ball and paddle games, and currently working on a mario, civilizatons, starfcraft, clone all in java. I'll be purchasing a good game engine soon for my original game idea I've had since I was in the hospital back in 99'

email: cfinch86@gmail.com

Thanks.
I would be interested, if any of my games ever get off the ground. Currently working on a Snes'ish RPG of my own, and an MMORPG as a group.

Email:Rian.dragonmage@gmail.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement