Getting shaders into my head

Started by
0 comments, last by Red_falcon 17 years, 10 months ago
I've read through most of the OpenGL Shading Language and The Cg Tutorial as I'm trying to learn shaders. The problem I'm having is that neither of these books tell you how to implement a shader in OpenGL. They just give you the code for vertex and fragment applications. Admittedly, the OpenGL Shading Language does give you an "install" function for the shaders but I have no idea how to use it. I also looked at RenderMonkey, which I really like. It allows me to create shaders really quickly but, once again, the only code you can get out of it is for the vertex and fragment shaders. Am I missing something here? Is it really that simple to implement them that I should be able to figure it out for myself? Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent GLSL tutorial which will show me how to implement a shader in OpenGL? Or, are there any libraries avaiable which will take a RenderMonkey shader and convert it into OpenGL code?
Advertisement
The shaders created in RenderMonkey are ready to use in normal apps, look at www.lighthouse3d.com for GLSL tutorial. The site explains how to inject them in your app.
-----"Master! Apprentice! Heartborne, 7th Seeker Warrior! Disciple! In me the Wishmaster..." Wishmaster - Nightwish

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement