source code for installing .inf file automatically

Started by
4 comments, last by ApochPiQ 17 years, 10 months ago
Hi all, i have .inf file. i can perform install command by right click on this file and choose install from menu. Now, i want to perform by a program. Anyone can direct me how to do ? can you share me sample source code how to do that? Thanks for any help.
Advertisement
The ShellExecute API function should be able to do what you need.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Many Thank to ApochPiQ. Shellexecute function has work good.
And i have another question, and hope you also help me.
That is, after running my program , i check the video(audio) codec by opening Device Manage and cllick right mouse in Video Codec and choose Property tab, i see the line DIVX MPEG-4 video codec.

And now , i will run my program on another PC.
So , i want to my program can check this codec has existed on system or not?
If it has, i will not run Shellexecute and will run if it has not? Can you direct me how to check this codec ?
I haven't tested it, but from the comments and the documentation provided, some of the example code here should do what you need. I highly recommend looking up each individual function used in MSDN so that you can get a good idea of what's going on.

If that doesn't get you far enough, you can try the same Google search I did: "enumerate video codecs windows".

Thank again ApochPiQ about the site you have sent. It help me solve my asking.

And now, sorry if you are feel , i have another asking , hope you will also help me:
right now, my program have DivX MPEG-4 codec to select when recode raw video.
But i would like to add more codecs: H.263 and MPEG4 (and also AVI(uncompressde) if can)! So can you help me how to get .ax and/or dll files for these adding codec??? And it will be good luck to me if you also can show me the .inf file to install these ...

Many thank for any help.
Sorry, that's outside the realm of my knowledge. You might try some searches like "programmatically install codecs" to see if the rest of the Internet has any advice to offer; I'm afraid that's the best I can suggest though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement