Sign in to follow this  
Maskotti

OpenGL PBuffer texture upside down (depending on computer)

I'm quite new to OpenGL and I'm using it mainly due to my work. I'm quite in a hurry with this one, so I really appreciate any help regarding the problem, which is: I'm using a render-to-texture technique with pbuffer approach. Everything works fine (I'm getting stuff rendered into texture), but the texture gets upside down depending on where I run the program. This would be easy to fix if the texture was upside down on every computer, but now I'm quite lost with this - what can possible make the texture go upside down on some computers, while the others can make it go right. Now, I'd be more than happy to get any ideas about what possibly could be wrong. I'm rendering some text into texture (bitmap fonts) if someone can find possible problems there. Thanks in advance!

A guess is that you set your render-to-textures camera's up-vector to something weird (that is, not perpendicular to the at-vector).
Just a guess...

Good luck!

Is there any correlation between what brand/model of video card is in each machine and which ones have the problem?

I ran into a problem like that last year with lighting. The ATi card on my Mac and the nVidia card in the Linux machines in the lab had different default settings. I don't think either of them complied with the spec ;)