Sign in to follow this  

Back to DirectX 8...

This topic is 4203 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I know you could with, say, the June05, or Dec05 SDKs, so I imagine you still can. There are some minor subtle differences between D3D8 and D3D8.1 that you may have to work out depending on if the book is really for 8.0 or not. I seem to remember some ComputeNormals function taking one extra, or one less, parameter being the type of issue you'd run into.

Guest Anonymous Poster
You can use any directx version as all of them are supported. However, you can't find the sdk at microsoft. www.icarusindie.com (better google that for accuracy) does have older versions. I hope you will find it there :) Otherwise tell me and I will try and help you out to get the DX version (1 - 9c) you want.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Well, I believe this book is about DirectX 8.0, but I find it a bit tricky (and long to do, given the fact that I'm not very experienced) to convert all my functions from 8.0 to 9.0.
Anyway, I looked at www.icarusindie.com and I didn't where the SDK could be.

This topic is 4203 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.