2D Breakout Game

Started by
3 comments, last by jeff0 17 years, 10 months ago
Hi everyone :) I've been working on a breakout game for Windows the past five months, and finally it is go for release! I have to admit I'm nervous to hear what people think about it since this is the first "real" game I've ever made... and the first program I've ever made public on the web. You can download it from my homepage or directly via this link and either comment here or on my forums. All comments are highly appreciated! Hope you like it! C2 [Edited by - jeff0 on June 9, 2006 9:04:26 AM]
Advertisement
I enjoyed the game, and I especially liked how it had gravity, because thats uncommon in a Breakout game. What did you use to make it?
Yay! Finally a reply!

I wrote it in C++ with OpenGL and FMOD for sound.
Pretty good! It was all very nicely put together. The fade away effect for bricks was well done. The black hole power-up was a nice addition, if a little confusing at first.

A couple of very small annoyances, though:
-On the second level, it is *way* to easy to get the ball up on top of the unbreakable blocks, were it stays for who knows how long.
-The sound when the ball hits the walls/ceiling could be just a tad more responsive

Overall, its nicely put together, if nothing 'special.' (I mean, we've all played 200 break out games by now. :D)
Quote:Original post by Ezbez
-On the second level, it is *way* to easy to get the ball up on top of the unbreakable blocks, were it stays for who knows how long.

Oh, yes, I have also noticed that but for me it seems to come back down after 7-8 bounces. I think I'll just blame it on my mediocre level design skills :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement