Industry Hotspots

Started by
20 comments, last by xEricx 17 years, 10 months ago
Programming aside... what are your favorite "game industry" cities and why? I haven't been fortunate enough to live or visit the hotspots like Los Angeles or Washington, but I'm not imagining good things... and actually a bit scared. How long does it take you to get to work? So far Brisbane, Australia sounds really nice ;)
Advertisement
Austin, TX seems to be the new mecca of gaming.
Lots of people and companies like Vancouver. Diverse population, great weather, large talent pool.

Cheers
Chris
CheersChris
Montreal is the place to be ;) We have EA, Ubi, A2M, etc... lots of Universities, lots of graphics schools, etc... Being bilingual is a plus here, but people only speaking English usually end up doing well anyway.

Takes me around 10 mins to get to work.
I can't talk about cities, but you should notice that while you are reading this post you are actually using a device which is in itself quite hotspot for any industrial information processor.
~ person who has nothing to say feels itself naked in enviroment where nonsense is hard to camouflage into the nonexistent myriad of noises. ~
I only heard of Vancouver for being the hotspot in canada.

Are there any game programming schools in Montreal? Ill be antending on in Van soon.
Well, we have our own school but seriously, who cares about game programming schools...
well im going.. so i care!! or should i not? or is there something im missing?
Well, it might be a question of taste, but I'd prefer someone with a comp science degree to someone with a "game programming" degree :)
Manhattan actually has quite a few small studios that work on things like cell phone and flash games. Very little console game development that I know of, however.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement