Pokemon Online: POL

Started by
3 comments, last by hplus0603 17 years, 10 months ago
POL was a online RPG pokemon game created by a programmer called Konidias aka MeowthBG at Bulbagarden. The game was at it's peak during the days of the 'old' Bulbagarden. Probably many of the people who are Bulbagarden regulars nowadays will not remember POL as it was around 6-7 years ago. The rumour was that Konidias was forced to stop POL after he got an email from Nintendo saying that he was breaching copyright laws and they would take legal action if he carried on. The truth was that Konidias just did not want to carry on with POL and simply abandoned it completely. That was then. Now, after years of no POL it is going to be revived be me. I have already bought the domain for the site, pokemonol.net and the site should be up and running in a couple of days. As you can see I have already created some of the sprites that will be featured in the POL game (my signature). If anyone wants to create some more character sprites then go ahead! I will be using a combination of C++ programming and Multimedia Fusion to create the game. The only difference with POL will be that it will not be supported by Bulbagarden as Archaic is against the idea of POL being 'revived'. The new ONLINE beta version of POL should be available for download at the POL Forums tommorrow. In the beta you will be able to create a new account, sign in to the game server, chat with other players and walk aorund in a small part of the POL world. Please go to http://forum.pokemonol.net to become part of the Pokemon Online community. There are a number of staff openings in relation to the development of POL: Graphics Designer(s) Assistant Programmer(s) Moderators for the forums Beta Testers for the online POL beta If anyone would like to apply for the jobs listed above please reply to this post. I'm sure some pokemon fan out there would be willing to help!
Advertisement
should be posted in Help Wanted
As opposed to having Nintendo shut it down, which they will do, why not just have similar looking creatures and called it 'compumon'?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
As opposed to having Nintendo shut it down, which they will do, why not just have similar looking creatures and called it 'compumon'?

Or Pokeyourmom

Check out my new game Smash and Dash at:

http://www.smashanddashgame.com/

This post SHOULD have been in Help Wanted.

However, creating a work that is derived from someone else's work (in this case, Nintendo's) is breach of copyright, which is illegal. I recommend you don't.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement