Sign in to follow this  
Silvo

SqPlus woes!

Ok, after a large loop ive come back to Squirrel and SqPlus with VC++ 2005. The giant solution compiled and executed fine, but when I did it myself I get a problem with (it seems to be) sqobject.h my source (main.cpp):
#include "sqplus.h"

using namespace SqPlus;

#pragma comment(lib, "squirrelD.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "sqstdlibD.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "sqdbglibD.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "sqplusD.lib")

int main(int argc,char * argv[]) {
  SquirrelVM::Init();
  SquirrelObject helloWorld = SquirrelVM::CompileBuffer(_T("print(\"Hello World\");"));
  SquirrelVM::RunScript(helloWorld);
  SquirrelVM::Shutdown();
  return 0;
} // main

Im getting this error: "this application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information" Unfortunatly I am the support team... when stepping through with the debugger, i get an unhandled exception in SquirrelVM.cpp ln 133 (should be throw statement ln 131) which i can skip, and an access violation in sqobject.h ln 146 which i cannot continue past. What is this and how do i fix it?? Thanks!

Are you compiling for Release, Debug, UNICODE? Make sure your project settings match the project settings for MinimalSqPlus. It would also be a good idea to use something like:

#define SQ_REL_PATH "../"

#ifdef UNICODE
#define LIB "U.lib"
#else
#define LIB ".lib"
#endif

#ifdef _DEBUG
#pragma comment(lib,SQ_REL_PATH "lib/squirrelD" LIB)
#pragma comment(lib,SQ_REL_PATH "lib/sqstdlibD" LIB)
#pragma comment(lib,SQ_REL_PATH "lib/sqplusD" LIB)
#else // Release
#pragma comment(lib,SQ_REL_PATH "lib/squirrel" LIB)
#pragma comment(lib,SQ_REL_PATH "lib/sqstdlib" LIB)
#pragma comment(lib,SQ_REL_PATH "lib/sqplus" LIB)
#endif

so that you get the correct libs depending on your current build (Release, Debug, UNICODE, etc.). Note that you don't need sqdbglib*.lib unless you are using the remote debugger.

Build the 'giant' solution, then build minimalSqPlus (set as the Startup Project). It should run fine with no issues.

thanks, I didnt realise it was in unicode, but when i changed the #pragmas, it went looking for them and couldnt find them, so i had to change the project out of unicode. Now it works fine, thanks again!