Sign in to follow this  

PC Suites? (Nokia)

This topic is 4201 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I developed a small game for cellphones. I'm trying to tst it in several diferent hand sets. First of all, i bought the 6670 and installed the PC Suite 6.41. I want to test it on the 3220 but when i connect it, It doenst appear in the list of cellphones and, the worst of all... my PC says: "I dont recognize that device. The controller or drivers are wrong and i cant find anyone to match it." (or something like that lol. Anyone can help me? Thanks

Me too had problems with PC Suite. For instance copying a mp3 file to the phone hangs in the middle. I need to kill the Nokia stuff (LaunchApplication.exe) with task manager and restart it. It became worse since the last web update, I wish I had backed up the old install...
Also the version I got with the phone, is almost useless, I couldnt do anything that makes sense until I updated...

So check updates often, maybe they provide a fix..

Quote:
Original post by zolee
Me too had problems with PC Suite. For instance copying a mp3 file to the phone hangs in the middle.

Try connecting to another USB port. I have two machines here and on both the nokia stuff only works correctly when connected to a usb-port at the back of the machine. Front-USB or USB-Hubs don't work.

Tried more than one ports... worked only correctly ONCE per port and per PC Suite launch...
Actually I don't think that USB comms were really that hard to implement...Those Nokia guys should get a grip on themselves and come up with an update that lets me copy tons of mp3s without having to throw dice on whichever port to use... :-D

If the drivers for the data cable are not installed right it can't won't recognise a 3220. Download the latest version too. PC suite is a tempremental piece of software sometimes, it works fine on my work PC but not too well on my own laptop.

This topic is 4201 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.