Sign in to follow this  

Direct9 Skin Mesh and 3D Model Logic Question

This topic is 4204 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Dear All, When I try to implement the 3d model on my game, I start to read the articles about "Load X Hierarchy". It seems quite complex on that becuase it involves many structure or functions. I have some confuse on the words between "Mesh" and "Frame". What is the different that? Is a X file contain more than one of "frame" and "mesh"? What is the usage of "D3DXFRAME", "ID3DXDAllocateHierarchy", "D3DMESCONTAINER_EXTENDED"? May be you tell me go to read DX document but these document seems quite simple description. I don't know why I need it, and what is the real usage? May be I am very stupid, but please help me and reply me. Thx Michael

In a nutshell the Mesh describes the geometry of the object and associated information (material and textures). A Frame, on the other hand, is used to descibe a hierarchy (in directX terminology). In a .X file, a set of frames can describe the hierarchy of an object. For instance if you'd exported a biped, the frame information would describe the bone hierarchy.

When you use the LoadMeshHierarchy function you are basically parsing through thte file and building the hierarchial set of frames. As for the usage of the terms you've quoted you *will* need to refer to the documentation. :)

This topic is 4204 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.