Sign in to follow this  

Little help with lighting in action.

This topic is 4201 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I created a cube with texture. And a plane in front of the cube and bigger than the cube surface 2 times. I enabled light and rotate it around the objects. When the light position is in front of the plane the plane. The plane got shine right? But the problem is the back of the plane and the cube also shine. So How do I fix it!? Sry if my english is suck. I dont speak english or use english everyday.

It's un-clear what the problem is.

Is the problem that the cube (or plane) doesn't cast shadows on the other object? If so, you need to use some global illumination method (stencil shadow volumes; depth shadow maps; etc) to make the shadowing happen.

Is the problem that your plane is visible from both sides, and is lit when you're looking at it from the rear, when it is facing the front? If so, then your plane is not back-face culled. You need two-sided lighting to make that case work right -- or you need to turn on back-face culling, and generate the plane as two separate planes, facing in each direction.

If the problem is something else, then please describe, step by step, what you are drawing, where the camera is, what the light is, and what you are getting. Then describe, step-by-step, what you actually want to see. One or two screen shots might help.

I knew it I wrote it confuse. Well I mean that There were 1 cube and 1 plane in front of it. And I point light in front of a plane which in front of the box. The box shouldn't shine right? Because it behind the plane but my problem is the box also shine while it was behind the plane. I dont know what to do to fix..

This topic is 4201 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.