The KillGLWindow function

Started by
2 comments, last by HappySnapper 23 years, 2 months ago
I''m using visual c++ 5 and when I compile NeHe''s code or my code which is similar to the lesson 1 source then the following happens. The program runs fine, it exits fine without any message box errors but then the output box in visual c++ 5 is filled with errors. Here is a sample of the dump. WGL Message:__wglDDrawInitDrawable WGL Message:WGL: DDrawRestoreSurface: IsLost: DDERROR = DDERR_SURFACELOST WGL Message:WGL: DDrawRestoreSurface: Restore: DDERROR = DDERR_WRONGMODE WGL Message:__wglFreeBuffers WGL Message:WGL: DDrawRestoreSurface: IsLost: DDERROR = DDERR_SURFACELOST WGL Message:WGL: DDrawRestoreSurface: Restore: DDERROR = DDERR_WRONGMODE The thread 0xFFE5A179 has exited with code 27 (0x1B). The program ''E:\Nobby\NeHe\LESSON17\Debug\lesson17.exe'' has exited with code 27 (0x1B). I assume that this is a crash of some sort because no code is executed after the KillGLWindow function. Any help would be apreciated. Andrew McNab
Advertisement
Those are Direct Draw errors. They shouldn''t come up if you are using OpenGL. Are you running a DirectX program in the background that takes exclusive control over the video?
Many drivers is using DirectDraw for creating surfaces. If you want to know more about it is the card manufacturer the one to ask.

You can also test a hacked NeHe framework:
http://sites.netscape.net/ptrpck/switch.zip
Thanx for the help guys. I''ll chase up your suggestions

Andrew McNab

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement