[DX10] CreateTexture2D from TGA

Started by
11 comments, last by LeGreg 17 years, 10 months ago
hrmm it wont let me change from the retail version to debug. I hit apply and okay, and open it again and its back to retail.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by supagu
hrmm it wont let me change from the retail version to debug. I hit apply and okay, and open it again and its back to retail.

Sound like your user account has not enough rights to change this.

Quote:Original post by LeGreg
If it was not clear : the reason it fails is because you pass a texture2d_desc with the usage flag DEFAULT, AND at the same time pass an initialization structure.
This is only legal if you used the usage flag IMMUTABLE, with the restrictions of that usage flag (no rendertarget, no zbuffer, no locking (map), no autogeneration of mipmaps).

LeGreg

I disagree. I the case of an IMMUTABLE resource you have to provide initialization data. In any other case you could provide data as long as the resource is not multisampled.

Some of the examples create resources with default usage and initialization data.

Quote:Original post by Demirug
I disagree. I the case of an IMMUTABLE resource you have to provide initialization data. In any other case you could provide data as long as the resource is not multisampled.

Yay forget what I said :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement