[.net] Vorbisdotnet and OpenAl

Started by
0 comments, last by Telastyn 17 years, 10 months ago
Experienced developers, I have a question about using VorbisdotNet and Tao.OpenAl together. I see the support for playing vorbis ogg files is there in the vorbisdotnet assembly, and event a Buffer3D for controling position and other settings. That Buffer3D is giving me some issues while tring to work with it, so I tried the Tao.OpenAl framework. I am just tring to make the work together, as they both have functionality that I am looking for. Here is what I am tring to do. 1. Play a sound effect. 20k, 1-2 second clips 2. Play background music. 2-3mb, 3-4 minute clips Issue is the Tao Alut class doesn't seem to have a double buffing scheme to allow for larger ogg playback. The entire ogg must be decoded before playback can begin. Am I missing something here? Is there a better way? Thanks for any direction,
Advertisement
I'm not sure. That sort of thing is a piece of cake with FMod (free for non-commercial use, C#/VB.NET examples and headers, out of box ogg streaming support and much more).

It's a little quirky at times since some of the callbacks are unmanaged (causing the objects to be collected before you'd expect under certain cases), but it's the easiest to learn/use library I've ever worked with.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement