Sign in to follow this  

My Blit takes too long. Please help !!

This topic is 4201 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm Celios. I currently have a project that involves DirectDraw and RGB 444 1920 * 1080 images. I'm new to all this, and have been following examples on the net, used one backbuffer, and currently my blit takes around 16 - 50 ms. My flip takes 0 ms, so I have no problem with that. I somehow need to make the blit constantly run faster than 16 ms. Can somebody please tell me how to do this ? I have come across some articles about tripple buffering. Does that help if implemented with only one thread ? Thanks in advance. Celios

Reminds me of Tibia, old game I used to play. People on high performance computers playing it would only get say... 30~ FPS. Tibia used DX5 and directdraw. When they added support for DX9 using Direct3D... that shot up to 200 FPS. Consider it a subtle hint, but you're probably better off using Direct3D and just making it look 2D. :)

-Etyrn

This topic is 4201 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.