Sign in to follow this  
curvedinfinity

Sky Fire 1.0 Released

Hey, Im the project lead for a new futuristic combat flight sim called Sky Fire. http://skyfire.curvedinfinity.com/ The page has a few videos and a link to our first released version. Please send some comments or suggestions if you will! Chase Adams Project Lead Panoptic Interactive [Edited by - curvedinfinity on June 19, 2006 4:22:08 PM]

I just watched all the videos, and the game looks great, but I have some problems playing it.

The game starts up fine, and every menu component works, but when I start press play and starts the main game, nothing happens. I hear some sounds and can look around, but I am unable to move and I don’t see any airplane?

I really wanted to play this because we are working on a student game as well, and it would be nice to see what others did.

My comp:
Core Duo 2.0
ATI Mobility X1600
2 GB Ram
Windows XP SP2

This is a very fun game, you should put in some more detailed levels, like in this video:
http://www.bestofgooglevideo.com/video.php?video=341

Keep up the good work and you will have a mighty fine game.

Glad you all are having fun!

We are working on a new version that will have a much better single player mode.

Also, we are looking into internet play -- that requires a bit of an investment for the list server, so we will see.

Chase

[Edited by - curvedinfinity on June 19, 2006 4:13:47 PM]

Hidden
Simply fantastic stuff.
However MP seems a little buggy at the moment.

On servers for multiplayer, I have a box with apache/php/mysql if you wanted to host a master server on that. Contact me for details, apassarello@gmail.com. Thats my MSN and email.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Am I the only one that can't play this game?

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback!

We are currently taking a short break from working on the game because the team is in the process of moving from Florida to their respective home states.

Ill be sure to keep you all updated on progress!

Also, anyone who is having trouble with the game, please list your systems specs, OS, and a step by step list of how you get to the point you encounter your problem.

Thanks!

Chase

I wanted to give the game a try hardcore after I watched the videos, but it won't play for me ... as in, I click the link and absolutely nothing happens.

I'm running Windows XP w/SP2
DirectX 9.c w/ April 2006 SDK
AMD Athlon64 3000+
2GB RAM
nVidia Quadro FX300

Does it use DirectX or OpenGL?

edit: Just thought about this ... I don't have any audio drivers currently installed, would that cause your app to crash? Do you check for that?

edit2: I went ahead and installed my sound drivers (just hadn't gotten around to it yet). That solved the problem. While a rather minor thing because you probably won't run into the problem too often, you might want to make note of this. Check for audio before trying to use it in your apps!

That game itself is kinda neat, but the controls seemed kinda hard to me. I think they need a bit more tweaking. Even after dropping the sensitivity down, it just didn't have a natural feel. Maybe this is just a personal preference thing. That being said, like I said, it is a neat game.

[Edited by - zer0wolf on June 23, 2006 12:57:30 PM]

Sign in to follow this