[Python] SPE IDE Problem

Started by
2 comments, last by Sria 17 years, 10 months ago
Im starting to learn Python. I'm trying to use Stani's Python Editor to create the programs. I've ran into a problem though. I've been going to a bunch of different tutorials sites and most say all I need to do to display text is put either print "text" or >>> print "text". Well, >>> print "text" doesn't work. The editor says that >>> is invalid script. print "text" seems to work. When I run the program, the console windows pops up really quick then disappears. So I add some code that asks for user input to keep it up for awhile. Thing is, when I run the program, nothing appears in the console window. So, I don't know if its something I'm doing wrong. Or if it's something I'm not doing. I've looked on the SPE site & forums. Can't find anythign that relates to this problem. I've looked at a few different sites. Still can't find anything to help. If anyone has any insight to this problem, I would appreciate some help. Thanks for reading. Heres the code:

print "This is a program"
s = raw_input("Whats your name? ")
print "Hello,", s

Cheers,Ken(Koolchamp)_____________________________"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." - Confucius"If you don't have a game industry job and you want to go to E3, do what everyone else does. Launch a game review website and call yourself press." - Mike McShaffry(This is true for me) “…..I'm a geek and jocks are my natural enemy.” – Li C. Kuo
Advertisement
>>> is the default interactive prompt. Do not type it.

Quote:Thing is, when I run the program, nothing appears in the console window.

How did you run the program?
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
I click on the blue icon at the top that says "Run.../Stop
Cheers,Ken(Koolchamp)_____________________________"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." - Confucius"If you don't have a game industry job and you want to go to E3, do what everyone else does. Launch a game review website and call yourself press." - Mike McShaffry(This is true for me) “…..I'm a geek and jocks are my natural enemy.” – Li C. Kuo
Press f9 and when the box comes up uncheck the box that says "Exit terminal after running script"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement