Sign in to follow this  
RealmRPGer

A complete game library?

I've been wanting to make a demo of one of my game design ideas for quite a while, but the problem has been finding the time to make a complete engine (and be satisfied with it). So, at this point, I just WANT an engine that can do everything I want, or at least almost everything I want and I can add in everything else easily myself. I've been looking at Ogre3D, but that's only a graphics solution. I'm so coded-out right now that there's no way I can build an entire engine around that. So are there any libraries out there that have that? The game design is sortof RPG-ish, kindof a splicing of Action-RPG and Turn based, with a touch of strategy. So, preferrably, it'd be a third person running around engine. But anything that already has physics, collision detection, and hopefully object structure already implemented will do. Thanks.

I would recommend looking at Torque and Nebula2 as two different approaches (both of which are fairly complete).

An alternative is to take a mod-friendly game, such as Half-Life 2 (Source engine) or perhaps UT2k4 (Unreal 2.5 engine) and modding it to do what your game needs. After all, it's hard to beat Source for engine features and graphics :-)