[.net] XAML?

Started by
12 comments, last by Rob Loach 17 years, 10 months ago
Anyone know of a XAML type framework that works with .net 2.0 and XP? I've searched around a bit but I keep coming up with web related crap. Tim.
Advertisement
I found MyXaml. Any others out there? Any opinions on MyXaml?
If you're not afraid of beta software, consider using .NET Framework 3.0. It's available for both XP and Vista, and works with .NET 2.0 (I know, that sounds horribly confusing, but basically .NET 3.0 comes with the 2.0 compilers and libraries, and some additional libraries, one of which handles XAML).

Quote:Original post by mutex
If you're not afraid of beta software, consider using .NET Framework 3.0. It's available for both XP and Vista, and works with .NET 2.0 (I know, that sounds horribly confusing, but basically .NET 3.0 comes with the 2.0 compilers and libraries, and some additional libraries, one of which handles XAML).

The problem with that is distribution. AFAIK you can't distribute a XAML app without the target PC having the beta installed as well.
Quite a good point. You could also try coding your own. I managed to write a XAML-like reader/writer in ~500 lines of C# code.

Quote:Original post by mutex
Quite a good point. You could also try coding your own. I managed to write a XAML-like reader/writer in ~500 lines of C# code.

I was afraid of that. [wink] MyXaml doesn't want to install, it complains about me not having .NET 2.0 installed even though I do.
I just realized that you might be looking for something beyond XAML. XAML itself is just a serialization language, so the parser I wrote merely reads XML and constructs an object tree from it. If you're looking for XAML + UI objects (either a new library or winforms compatibility), then I don't know how difficult that would be :)

http://vgdotnet.com/ works with MyXAML. I've been thinking about looking more closely at that combination, so please post your findings if you succeed in installing/using them!
http://www.xamlon.com/

This has been around for quite a while and its a really nice framework for writing XAML apps in .NET 2.0.

*Scratch that, looks like they changed their product line to only be a web based product...
Just so I'm clear Avalon is the new GDI for Vista and XAML is the main language for it?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement