• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Acid rain

Unfixible error in dev-cpp

This topic is 4416 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

when I compile pretty much ANY code I get an error that says: cannot find entry symbol WinMainCRTStartup;defaulting to 004010000 I not so sure if that's EXCACTLY right but I will edit it if it is wrong. [Edited by - Acid rain on June 17, 2006 2:26:25 PM]

Advertisement
Actually, the library I use doesn't matter and the code does'nt matter. The compiler is dev_cpp. But for some reason when ever I go to project options in dev-cpp and DO NOTHING and click 'ok' and compile the code , I get that error.

Actually I asked to separate questions. see:

"Hey, I can't find the Alu.h file ANYWHERE. Any ideas on where it could be?"

was one and the other was:

"when I compile pretty much ANY code I get an error that says:
Cannot find win_startup@ defaulting to 0000010100100;
I not so sure if that's EXCACTLY right but I will edit it if it is wrong."

Quote:
Original post by Acid rain
Actually I asked to separate questions. see:

"Hey, I can't find the Alu.h file ANYWHERE. Any ideas on where it could be?"

Which is why I asked you what library you were using. I can't even begin to guess what it is supposed to be, where you might want to look, simply from the name 'Alu.h'. You *did* ask your question in the "Alternative Libraries" forum, so the library you think you're using is very relevant.

Quote:
"when I compile pretty much ANY code I get an error that says:
Cannot find win_startup@ defaulting to 0000010100100;
I not so sure if that's EXCACTLY right but I will edit it if it is wrong."

Which is why I asked you what compiler you're using. It looks like you botched the install. Or your project file is corrupted. I don't know.

If you don't give us any useful information, don't expect us to go out of our way to help you. There's only so much we can do.

WinMainCRTStartup is one of the possible entry points for a Windows executable -- the function that gets called at startup and then later calls your main() or WinMain() function. The linker didn't find it, so it tried a standard address instead.

The error is probably due to you not linking the appropriate libraries (e.g. the C runtime library).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!