Recommended OGL Framwork? (mainly GLFW and GLUT here)

Started by
-1 comments, last by Aternus 17 years, 10 months ago
Well, I'm trying to decide what to use as an OpenGL framework to handle input, start up, and such as that. Also it's extremely important that the program be very easy to port to other OS's, which I know Max OSX and Linux both support GLFW and GLUT. I'd just like an opinion on which is better for *what I'm doing*. I know there'll be a lot of "don't use GLUT, it's horrendously outdated", but I'm really only making a simple 2D client. Load textures, paste 'em to screen all tiled and pretty. Don't need anything too fancy, and I'm positive GLUT can handle that. Then there's GLFW, seems pretty similar and you're also able to control when the main loop ends it seems. Plus it's open sourced which is always nice. But I also read that you can't set a minimum window size with GLFW, which I'd find pretty important... some more info on that would be nice. Maybe some work arounds that'd work not only in 1 OS, would be great. And... feel free to recommend any other framework that's supported in the main 3 OS's. Either way, any and all input, opinions, and comments are noted and appreciated. Thanks. :) -Aternus

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement