Sign in to follow this  

sdl & text width

This topic is 4202 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all , i have a simple question to ask about sdl. I've got this code:
Quote:
int px,py=0; px = 100; py = 220; message = TTF_RenderText_Blended(font_name, "text text text -.- -.- ..023adasdadasdadadasddasdasad", txt_col ); if( message == NULL ) { return 1; } else { UPDATE_POSITION( px, py, message, screen ); }
The problem with the above code is that my text message's width is greater than the window's client width and it doesnt displays the text in the right order. What i want , is a function(maybe?) that can get the width of my text object. I know the math formula , wich is: x = (SCREEN WIDTH / 2) - (TEXT OBJECT WIDTH / 2) & y = (SCREEN HEIGHT / 2) - (TEXT OBJECT HEIGHT / 2) but i dont know how to get the text object's width. Any ideas??

Also, TTF_RenderText_Foo(...) returns a SDL_Surface. You can access that surface's width and height with it's members 'w' and 'h':

SDL_Surface *p = TTF_RenderText_Solid(...);

int x = (sw / 2) - (p->w / 2);
int y = (sh / 2) - (p->h / 2);

This topic is 4202 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.