Sign in to follow this  

MFC window proc function trace

This topic is 4200 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

in my card game, that own many windows.and when you debug it, many message proc function called by windows system. how to trace these function? because many the functions exist , it is hard to place break point on every Onxxxx() function. are there any convenicent way? Must I hard debug it?

Most of the time, you only debug the functions that behave wrongly so the number of breakpoints that you have to setup is limited.

Beside that, I don't know any helpful mecanism that would help you in this specific case - you'll have to put your breakpoints in your message handlers. Command messages (menu selection or button clicks) are handled in the same way, meaning that if you step out one of your command handler, you'll return to the message handler dispatcher and you'll be able to put a breakpoint into it.

HTH,

This topic is 4200 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.