[java] WebService exception

Started by
1 comment, last by Mulligan 17 years, 10 months ago
I'm encountering an error when I call a specific set of methods that call a webservice. I've used the webserviuce without a problem in C#, but have to do it in Java now. In C#, I use the code: Engine engine = new Engine(); engine.Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential(username, password); TrimResponse response = engine.Execute(request); in Java, it translates to: Engine engine = new Engine(); TrimResponse response = engine.getEngineSoap().execute(request); The middle line is missing because wsimport does not create anything like engine.Credentials on the engine object. So anyway, I get the error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlAccessorType.value()Ljavax/xml/bind/annotation/XmlAccessType; at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.ClassInfoImpl.getAccessType(ClassInfoImpl.java:353) at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.ClassInfoImpl.getProperties(ClassInfoImpl.java:242) at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeClassInfoImpl.getProperties(RuntimeClassInfoImpl.java:89) at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.ModelBuilder.getClassInfo(ModelBuilder.java:127) at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeModelBuilder.getClassInfo(RuntimeModelBuilder.java:49) at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeModelBuilder.getClassInfo(RuntimeModelBuilder.java:41) at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.ModelBuilder.getTypeInfo(ModelBuilder.java:189) at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.ModelBuilder.getTypeInfo(ModelBuilder.java:204) at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl$3.run(JAXBContextImpl.java:352) at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl$3.run(JAXBContextImpl.java:350) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.getTypeInfoSet(JAXBContextImpl.java:349) at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.<init>(JAXBContextImpl.java:215) at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory.createContext(ContextFactory.java:76) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at com.sun.xml.bind.api.JAXBRIContext.newInstance(JAXBRIContext.java:76) at com.sun.xml.ws.model.RuntimeModel$1.run(RuntimeModel.java:194) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at com.sun.xml.ws.model.RuntimeModel.createJAXBContext(RuntimeModel.java:191) at com.sun.xml.ws.model.RuntimeModel.postProcess(RuntimeModel.java:77) at com.sun.xml.ws.modeler.RuntimeModeler.buildRuntimeModel(RuntimeModeler.java:253) at com.sun.xml.ws.client.ServiceContextBuilder.processAnnotations(ServiceContextBuilder.java:117) at com.sun.xml.ws.client.ServiceContextBuilder.completeServiceContext(ServiceContextBuilder.java:85) at com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.processServiceContext(WSServiceDelegate.java:114) at com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.createEndpointIFBaseProxy(WSServiceDelegate.java:266) at com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.getPort(WSServiceDelegate.java:152) at javax.xml.ws.Service.getPort(Service.java:95) at tct.Engine.getEngineSoap(Engine.java:54) at tct.MainClass.main(MainClass.java:55) when I attempt to execute the last line of the code posted above. I've looked it up but haven't found a way of tracking the actul reason my my error. Any help would be great. Thanks
Advertisement
post your WSDL that you're using to generate the client/server stub code (if you ARE using a WSDL). I've seen stuff like this because of ComplexTypes being extended by more than one element type, JAXB (for some apparently good reason) doesn't generate concrete impls or interfaces for the element types. Although actually the framework ought to handle that ... hmmm ...

D.
Here's a copy of the WSDL.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/ddonahoe/desk/trim.asmx.xml

Is there a better alternative to using wsimport to convert a WSDL to java? I used another tool (wscompile) and it encountered dozens of errors because of a known documented bug with complex types.

Are there other tools I could try out?

Thanks for the help

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement