Sign in to follow this  

how to learn scripting with aurora toolset?

This topic is 4205 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

If want to learn C++, you should either start with that or look up some online tutorials on google for a simple language like Pascal. I learned Pascal and moved on to learning C, and I found it helpful. But thats just me. Im afraid Im unfamiliar with aurora but a good place for a C++ tutorial is Cprogramming.com.
Yes Cprogramming.com. It has a C and a C++ turoial.

If aurora is an easy language that teaches the basic of programming, I say that it's a good idea to learn it. If it is complicated, then don't learn it if you plan to move to C++ (excuse me if I'm making a wrong assumption) because you'll have to dislearn many things to understand C++.

I researched Aurora Toolkit and found that it's combined with the PC game NeverWinter Nights and I say don't use it. It is meant to be used for players to make there own adventures in the game that can be shared with others. If you want to make your own game, (and im still assuming your going to use C++) get a C++ compiler or interpreter, learn C++, learn a graphics library, get some artists, world builders, a musician (optional), and some other programmers together and start building your game. It's a waste of time to learn Aurora Toolkit.

With the Aurora Toolkit of NWN you can create your 'own' games. To do so you will have to create your own tile sets, creatures, etc. But that aside, just trying out the language is probably the best way. There are also numerous sources on the web which can help you getting started and function references. But the existing scripts are a huge learning resource too.

For example: http://www.nwnlexicon.com/home.shtml

This topic is 4205 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.