Sign in to follow this  

How far now?

This topic is 4203 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have been using c++for a while now and the best i have made is a program that is text based and has a (Y/N) loop, gives you a sum and tells you if your right, if you choose no it tells you how many you got right out of the total of sums and has 100 lines tops. I have been wondering; how long until i learn direct X?

How long is a while? I would wait until you have a good understanding of pointers, references, the standard library, and classes before getting into DirectX. DirectX uses some of the more complex features of C++ and it is a good idea to have a strong grasp on them before using them.

It sounds like you already have a good grasp on branching/looping statements, expressions, and I/O. That is definately a good start. Keep making small programs to test new things. Are you using a book? If so, make sure to make programs outside the book on you own to help get a better understanding of the language.

Good Luck!

This topic is 4203 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.