How far now?

Started by
2 comments, last by DarkZoulz 17 years, 10 months ago
I have been using c++for a while now and the best i have made is a program that is text based and has a (Y/N) loop, gives you a sum and tells you if your right, if you choose no it tells you how many you got right out of the total of sums and has 100 lines tops. I have been wondering; how long until i learn direct X?
##########################################################You'll have time to rest when you're dead - Robert De Niro
Advertisement
How long is a while? I would wait until you have a good understanding of pointers, references, the standard library, and classes before getting into DirectX. DirectX uses some of the more complex features of C++ and it is a good idea to have a strong grasp on them before using them.

It sounds like you already have a good grasp on branching/looping statements, expressions, and I/O. That is definately a good start. Keep making small programs to test new things. Are you using a book? If so, make sure to make programs outside the book on you own to help get a better understanding of the language.

Good Luck!
Sean Henley [C++ Tutor]Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
I'm using C++ demystified it's not the best book but im up to pointers
##########################################################You'll have time to rest when you're dead - Robert De Niro
It's when you "know" C++ and Directx that the real work starts!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement