NeHe's Tut #1

Started by
3 comments, last by Lorg 23 years, 2 months ago
Greetings.. I am just starting out with opengl, and I started with NeHe''s tutorial. I am working with Cbuilder3, right now, and I downloaded the closest thing the cbuilder 4 code. What I did is just copy the code into a new project. It all compiled fine, and it worked even better. The problem was the switching. It switched alright, but only the first time. The second time I tried to switch to fullscreen, it sometimes crashed, sometimes gave me something about "rendering context". Since Im fairly new to this subject, any help would be appreciated. - Lorg
Advertisement
What are your system specs ? OGL drivers? grafics card?
thx,
cya,
Phil

Visit Rarebyte!
and no!, there are NO kangaroos in Austria (I got this questions a few times over in the states
Visit Rarebyte! and no!, there are NO kangaroos in Austria (I got this question a few times over in the states ;) )
Good Evening (or any other greeting, appropriate to your timezone)

Well, forgive my ignorance, but I dont know what are OGL drivers... As for the other things... Got a pent II, Voodoo 3 onboard, lots and lots of RAM, and so on.

But what I want to know is, if this is local to my computer, or is it a problem with the code.
So if any of you can check it, and or look at it, Ill be gratefull.

-Lorg
I''m not sure if it''s the code or not, but many things that are based off of NeHe''s code crash on my computer when doing that (not sure if it''s just his code, because not a lot of other demos have a fullscreen toggle while running) I''m also running on a Voodoo3. Ogl drivers are basically your video card''s drivers, and opengl32.dll. If you''re not using the latest drivers (and I am) badness can occur. It may just be a bug in the Voodoo3 drivers.

Contact me
[email=JValentine_13@hotmail.com]contact[/email]
I think you should be able to build any of the windows port with CBuilder3. The CBuilder4 code is nice since it uses VCL if i remember correct.

Switching display settings seems to be little unstable you can try the hack that was mentioned in the news:
http://sites.netscape.net/ptrpck/switch.zip

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement