Sign in to follow this  

Quaternions trouble...

This topic is 4199 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can anyone please help me with converting quaternions from a right-handed coord. system to a left-handed system? I'm writing an OGRE (right-handed) mesh importer for a pure DX engine (left-handed) so I managed to convert static meshes (just multiply z coord by -1, and reverse vertex order - v1, v2, v3 = v1, v3, v2). I'm having trouble with converting scene information. My nodes in a scene graph are represented by position, orientation (quaternion), and scale. I found out that for converting quaternions, you use the Conjugate method, but the trouble is that when conjugating, 90% of my nodes are converted correctly, but there are always a few nodes that don't look good (to get them looking right, i have to add an extra rotation of 180 degrees around X). Can anyone tell me why does this happen?

This topic is 4199 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.