ANGELJUICE RELEASED

Started by
3 comments, last by WitchLord 17 years, 10 months ago
i finally launched it... ANGELJUICE sorry for the lack of tha link ! :D [Edited by - kunitoki on June 14, 2006 8:48:28 AM]
Advertisement
Hey, could you explain to me, as I don't have any experience with Juce or AngelScript, why this is different from (just) C++ and xyz game engine?

Nice job, the interface looks really smooth.
Quote:Original post by kunitoki
i finally launched it...

http://www.anticore.org/juce/angeljuice/

:D

He can write a game engine but not a link.... [smile]
AngelJuice

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

yeah sorry ;)
since i'm posting in other 345238452835 forums, i can't remeber each pseudo html tags permitted... here it seems they permit html, in other sites you got to write or [http]... or $LINK=... :D

anyway this is not a game engine. JUCE is just a plain cross platform c++ library for application making, that is sticked togheter with ANGELSCRIPT. so basically u can script directly the classes and function of the library through angelscript.
you can write small apps with it. i use it mainly for manipulate images and do some tedious file / directory tree operation... without recompile long sources or launch ever loding java ides. if you download the examples (and drag and drop over angeljuice!) you can understand what this piece of software is capable of.

hope you entertain yourself with it, and sorry for the lack of documentation.
i'm writing it down !
I already gave my feedback through e-mail, but I'll reiterate some of it here for everybody else.

I think this is a very cool project, as it shows what three different libraries are capable of, namely Juce, which I understand is a set of portable C++ classes capable of handling various tasks, such as GUI, image manipulation, file system, etc, AngelScript which I hope everyone here knows what is, and finally Deyja's preprocessor, which isn't just for AngelScript but for any language you may want a preprocessor for.

When I get the time I will convert the scripts for my Texture Generator to AngelJuice, because AngelJuice is basically what I had in mind for my TextureGenerator to begin with. It will allow me to use my own script language, while playing around with algorithms for generating procedural textures. With AngelJuice I get a ready made debugger as well as the possibility of using plugins where extra performance is needed.

Great job, Kunitoki.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement