Sign in to follow this  

Messed up and now im back a square one

This topic is 4199 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, it hit me like a brick when i figured out that i really screwed up when i got into all of the graphical parts of c++ and making game but really didnt have a good understanding of the foundation of c++. Now i have decided since it is the summer time to go back and relearn what i had previously skimmed over. I have a few c++ books, Teach yourselft c++ in 24 hours, Beginning c++ game programming, c++ primer plus 5th ed., and accelerated c++. Could yall recommend me which is the best to start out with? And also give the noob some helpful advice before starting my relearning project? For the people doing the c++ workshop and are using the free 2nd ed. book, does it follow along quite well or should i just get the 5th ed. and be good?

I'm doing the workshop. My book hasn't arrived yet so i'm using the online second edition for now and it works, but there are quite a lot of differences... I just read some extra (more recent) articles on the same topic to follow along.

Pick whichever one you understand best, and this time make sure that you are really ready to move on. You're not the first person to make that mistake, let me assure you. Just be patient.

This topic is 4199 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.