Sign in to follow this  

[web] Web Development site for sale

This topic is 4148 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, Due to personal reasons, i have decided to sell my web development company. I thought this was the best place to advertise me selling my company. The company/site comes with a reseller, to sell hosting (£7 per month) and a billing system (£7 per month). It also comes with all the advertising material that we have used, including the one we used to advertise here on GameDev. What you see is what you get really. Over 120,000 hits in 2 months, very popular. All copyright rights go to the buyer too. I have spent alot of money and time into this company, andthats why im asking £50++ ( price can be changed) Who ever buys the company will also have the support of Dafydd, My server techi, who is very good with cpanel,serversand others development skills Please if intrested, reply to this post or add me to MSN, woodrally@hotmail.co.uk for futher information. Very inportant company with many customers. Server uptime 100% same with the billing system. All easy to use Thank you, Darren Toogood Smarter Layouts Owner/Director

I think it would help to know what your hosting /website company is called...and maybe your current website?

I don't think anyone here really knows what your company is.

I looked through your profile and found your website, and then a link to here
http://www.bluefirehost.com/

Is this it? With that site it seems unlikely that you received 120,000 hits in 2 months.

ArchG

I'm interested in why the whois form says that you're in Aberdeen, when your GDNet profile says the isle of wight. And why the phone number is made up.

Isn't lying on a whois form illegal, or at least not allowed?
EDIT: Source:
Quote:
The accuracy of Whois data used to provide contact information for the party responsible for an Internet resource must be improved, both at the time of its initial registration and at regular intervals. Whois records known to be false or inaccurate must be frozen or held until they can be updated or removed. Whois records that have information that can not be validated may be frozen or held until it can be verified.

Quote:

Whois v1.01 - Domain information lookup utility
Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com
Copyright (C) 2005 Mark Russinovich

Connecting to COM.whois-servers.net...
Connecting to whois.PublicDomainRegistry.com...

Smarter Layouts
Darren Toogood
N/A
N/A
Aberdeen City,N/A
GB
Tel. +044.123456789023

Creation Date: 04-Apr-2006
Expiration Date: 04-Apr-2007

Domain servers in listed order:
ns2.speedhosting.co.uk
ns1.speedhosting.co.uk

Administrative Contact:
Smarter Layouts
Darren Toogood
N/A
N/A
Aberdeen City,N/A
GB
Tel. +044.123456789023

Technical Contact:
Smarter Layouts
Darren Toogood
N/A
N/A
Aberdeen City,N/A
GB
Tel. +044.123456789023

Billing Contact:
Smarter Layouts
Darren Toogood
N/A
N/A
Aberdeen City,N/A
GB
Tel. +044.123456789023

(Removed e-mail addresses to stop auto-spam bots picking them up)

The offer does include current clients.

The whois i do not know why it says what it does. I will sort it

The bad points you have mentioned are nothing major and will be sorted. Also whats wrong with the hosting table?

Thanks for your intrest, im still selling :)

The bad points you have mentioned are nothing major and will be sorted. Also whats wrong with the hosting table?

Thanks for your intrest, im still selling.

We havent been open long BUT, on our layout side of things, we have had 5-10 customers for our layouts. The hosting we only introduced in the past few weeks, and we have 2 customers for it , as like i said we only started hosting a week or two ago.

Would you like to add me to MSN so we can talk

woodrally@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks,

Darren

Guest Anonymous Poster
"I have spent alot of money and time into this company ..." (OP)

"Smarter Layouts was founded by Darren Toogood (UK) in March 2006 ..." (http://www.smarterlayouts.com/about.htm)

Therefore, in your opinion (a lot of time <

Guest Anonymous Poster
"I have spent alot of money and time into this company ..." (OP)

"Smarter Layouts was founded by Darren Toogood (UK) in March 2006 ..." (http://www.smarterlayouts.com/about.htm)

Therefore, in your opinion (a lot of time lte 4 months)?

Quote:
Original post by Evil Steve
Isn't lying on a whois form illegal, or at least not allowed?

I doubt it's illegal in the UK. While it's supposedly not allowed, there have been many discussions about how silly this is....
Quote:
Original post by Evil Steve(Removed e-mail addresses to stop auto-spam bots picking them up)

for exactly this reason. Common practice is to lie to avoid being spammed.

Spammers love the whois records. They get to send spam to a pretty tight targetted audience.

You bid a penny :S

Im looking for around £30-£50 for it

As someone pointed out, march i opened the company,which isnt long ago but, i have put over 5 hours a day work into this.

Has anyone got a sensible offer for the company?

Quote:
Original post by Korma

Thanks for your intrest, im still selling.
The Basic, Smart, Expert, AND Pro hosting options all offer every feature. That doesn't make sense.

Yes but, the bandwidth and space is diferent and there is more to our hosting than whats on the table. I wouldnt give the basic package buyer a professional hosting techi as his support, but i would professional.

Is anyone going to make a offer on the company?

Yes, Sorry i forgot that these forums are based in the USA , and so are most of the members.

I am selling for £50/$90

Please add me to MSN so we can talk more privatly.

woodrally@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks,

Darren Toogood

If you're going to fake-bid, you could at least make the effort to create a fake account. I bid $10 USD.

Quote:
I'm totally ignorant on European currency. How much is £50++?

£50++ == £50.
On the other hand, ++£50 == £51.

This topic is 4148 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.