compiler that upports allegro

Started by
11 comments, last by Virtual X 17 years, 10 months ago
Hello. My problem is simple: I need a C compiler that supports the allegro graphics library. Any (helpful) help would be helpful and appreciated. *I've already searched google*
Advertisement
I think your google-foo is no good. Also, from the allegro site, you can see that they have packages for Borland Builder, MinGW (gnu-c++), and all versions of Microsoft VC++ from 6.0 to 8.0. So, any of those compilers will support allegro.
I am using Dev-cpp (the Gnu compiler) and it is working fine with allegro. I suggest you use that.
------------------------------Trust me, I do this all the time.
Try Dev-C++. On DevPaks.org you will find an Allegro.devpak so you don't have any problems installing and using Allegro.
I am not aware of an compiler which does NOT support Allegro - although Allegro has historically mostly been compiled either with gcc or MSVC. Any other compilers are just guesswork.

If your compiler's output is linkable with GCC or MSVC code, then you can build Allegro using one of those and your app using something completely different if you like.

For embedded / unusual platforms, you might need to change the build settings somewhat (for example, to cross-compile).

Mark
I have Dev-C++ installed but i can't run projects.
Quote:Original post by annoyer101
I have Dev-C++ installed but i can't run projects.

How can't you run projects? What happens?
Yes, post more info. The rest of us have no problem doing it, so I doubt it's the compiler ..

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

Ok. For example, I'm going to run the famous Hello World program. I'd type:

#include <stdio.h>

main()
{
printf("hello world!\n");
getchar();
return 0;

}

id hit the compile button, it compiles, press the run button and the run, compile, C+R, rebuild, and debug buttons blink. This code ran a few weeks ago but this is the only reaction i get now.
Have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it? I've seen this before but I can't remember how it was fixed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement