• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
nef

OpenGL Renderer Question

This topic is 4418 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im currently working on a render and plan to store all of the renderable data inside of a VBO. Entities will hold their information with indices into the vbo for texture coordinets, verts, etc. My question is, would it be better to, send opengl the data from different parts of the vbo, for each entity. So if i had 20 entities, and im drawing maybe 13 this frame i would send 13 different sections of the vbo to OpenGL to render. Or, would it be faster to make a temporary vbo, copy the data from each entity being rendered to the temp and just send the temp to opengl? (^^ i know this will use more memory, but i just want to know if it would be faster than the previous) thanks.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!