Developing Emulators & Roms

Started by
26 comments, last by rodneyldixon 23 years, 1 month ago
rodney: You need help, son. Normal people don''t be acting this way.

Instead of coming here and asking all these non-sensical questions (just what the hell are you really trying to do anyway?), just pick up your favorite development tool (I don''t give a flying fuck which one, any Borland product will do) and start to use the damn thing. In time, all will become clear to you.

And by the way, moron, what part of "don''t make the same post repeatedly, and only post in one forum" didn''t you understand?

Down with Tiberia!
Advertisement
I would answer the question here, but.... err... my friend... is looking up pr0n.
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
Dear lord..

I can remember reading this guys old posts when he started posting and being annoyed and pissed off after a while. But now I read this post.. I really feel sorry for the guy now.

There''s such a pathetic quality in the last line, "watch him create a game or two." The poor little guy just wants to know how to make games.

That said. GET OFF YOUR ASS AND GO READ A BOOK OR SOMETHING. I seriously doubt anyone here learned how to program by farting out the names of a bunch of development tools over and over and spouting dialogs with "friends" who somehow have come into thousands of dollars worth of IDEs and compilers (all "LEGAL") and yet hasn''t put forth the time or effort to learn them or even what they do.

You will not make an emulator, a tetris clone, or a "Hello world" program until you sit down and start to learn. Stay away from the message board for at least a week or two while you begin to learn.

I think we all agree that it would be cool when you "could come here and just post questions about when I get stuck on running or writing code instead of posting questions about... {insert entire contents of previous post here}"

So please leave and come back when that time arrives.
quote:Original post by Sly

A typical game development cycle these days is a minimum of one year. Our latest published game Championship Surfer took just over one year to develop with a large team of professional coders and artists. You are going to sit there and watch "Eric the fish/cat/half-a-bee" create a game or two? I hope you are extremely patient.

Steve ''Sly'' Williams   Code Monkey  Krome Studios

That looks like one heck of a game man. Seeing that you visit the turbo forums, was it written in Delphi?

==========================================In a team, you either lead, follow or GET OUT OF THE WAY.
Sly: In fairness it is possible to write a whole game in a day, I bet I''m not the only person non this board who in a fit of boardom wrote a clone of something like snake in a few hours...even so it must be bloody boring watching someone else programme a game...anyone for watching paint dry with me ?
I like watching other''s code...

Watching them allows you to improve your own coding skills by watching others "style"... or so I think.

Watching people debug... now that like watching paint dry.

However I have to agree... this guy is a lamer.

Regards,
Nekosion
Regards,Nekosion
Nekosion, you''re right I ought to stay in more and watch others code getting out into the fresh air and rowing so often must be just so bad for me

Oh heck, did I forget to chuck an obligitory insult at rodneyldixon in my last post ? damn...I just can''t decide on an insult...something along the lines of ''lamer'' seems to be fairly popular, so I''ll stick with that. LAMER

NickB
quote:Original post by NuffSaid

Original post by Sly

A typical game development cycle these days is a minimum of one year. Our latest published game Championship Surfer took just over one year to develop with a large team of professional coders and artists. You are going to sit there and watch "Eric the fish/cat/half-a-bee" create a game or two? I hope you are extremely patient.

Steve ''Sly'' Williams   Code Monkey  Krome Studios

That looks like one heck of a game man. Seeing that you visit the turbo forums, was it written in Delphi?

It was written in Visual C++. The configuration program was written in C++ Builder. Delphi is my own personal interest.

Steve ''Sly'' Williams  Code Monkey  Krome Studios
Steve 'Sly' Williams  Monkey Wrangler  Krome Studios
turbo game development with Borland compilers

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement