• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Linked List Problem

This topic is 4271 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am new to c++ and i wana make a pathfinding program anyway i want to save positions of the map on a linked list. So i wrote this: typedef class anlist//ALPHANUMERIC LIST { public: anlist() { pointer = 0; _next = 0; x = y = 0; } void add() { if(_next == 0) { _next = new anlist; } else { cout << "?"; } } ~anlist() { if(pointer != 0) { delete [] pointer; } if(_next != 0) { delete [] _next; } } unsigned short x,y; private: char *pointer; anlist *_next; }ANLIST; The problem is that when i try to add() a bode to the list it says Debig Assseretion Failed! and an expression _BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHEAD->nBlockinuse). But that just doesent make sense !? Any reply would be apriciated

Advertisement
If you're using new (rather than new[]), you need to use delete rather than delete[].

Guest Anonymous Poster
The real problem seems to be that you're not using the STL (std::list) :)

delete & delete[] both check for null-ness, you're just adding one more check like this:

if (p != NULL) {
// delete {
if (p != NULL) {
} // } delete
}

EDIT: The A.P. meant that you should be using std::list:

#include <list>
using std::list;

int main() {
std::list<int> l;

l.push_back(1);
l.push_front(0);
l.push_front(123);
l.pop_front();

// should be:
// 0 1
}

Well i got that about delete but about the stl ?
My list is a cust one i am not using list.h.
The std::list<int> l;
Doesent mean that list is a class template ?
and i have wrote using namespace std then the std:: would not be necesary,would it ?

PS:How do you put the source code in a box ?

Code in a box in source /source tags, each in square brackets.

They mean you "should" use std::list in the sense that it is better to use the tried and tested, writted by experts list class rather than write you own.

Writing your own is a very good learning technique though. Just don't do it in any critical, team-based or life-critical applications!

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by DigitalBeing
My list is a cust one i am not using list.h.
The std::list<int> l;
Doesent mean that list is a class template ?

Yes, it's a templated class. Hence, you can use it for any type you want, including your own one.

Quote:
Original post by DigitalBeing
and i have wrote using namespace std then the std:: would not be necesary,would it ?

You are correct.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement