Sign in to follow this  

Check out: Isometric Map Editor - Screen Shots

This topic is 4142 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi Everyone, I have finally uploaded the brief description and Screenshots of my Isometric Editor. Here is the link: http://www.geocities.com/sams_gamerock/samisoeditor.html
Please post your comments suggestion to me. I would love to hear from al of you. I will upload a Demo too. But after some times. I am working on that. I also thank everyone of you especially to Ernest Pazera & Gamedev.net for providing all the very very useful articles, guidance suggestion, without which all this would never be possible. Thank You again.... now check out my Site :) Samuel Roshan [Edited by - sam_roshan on June 16, 2006 9:33:47 AM]

Hi Sam,

Your editor looks fine so far. I do have some suggestions, and a question. In your tile viewing area you may want to center the displayed image horizontally and vertically. You may want to add scrollbars to the tile viewing area. I noticed in your first screnshot that the pillar image is being clipped. Adding the scrollbars will help with this, unless of course you already have scrolling already implemented by performing the actual scrolling when the left mouse button is pressed and the mouse is moved while inside the tile image viewing area. For your 'Walkable Tile' checkbox, have you implemented that viewing option completely yet? I ask because it appears that some tiles that should not be passable have files still listed in the treeview, eventhough the checkbox is checked.

Your editor looks great. I am looking forward to downloading your demo once you make it avialable.

I have recently decided to learn more about isometric tiles by making my own isometric tile editor. This leads me to ask if you, or anyone else reading this, have any links to good articles or tutorials on isometric tile editors and engines? (C++ and DirectX 9). I have read the ones here on GD and I am looking for more information before I get started.

This topic is 4142 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.