We are a publisher.

Started by
13 comments, last by jbadams 17 years, 10 months ago
The above, bschneid, raises two more important questions:

- What previous experience has your team had in advertising/PR/media?
- What qualifications does your team have in the same?

EDIT: http://www.puresystems.co.uk/ - is this your site? (looks nice - although incomplete)

[Edited by - Andrew Russell on June 15, 2006 9:48:17 PM]
Advertisement
Get a good copy writer, fast. If you have experience in marketing then you should understand the power of good copy. You can be excellent web and print designers without an understanding of good promotional writing, but you certainly can't be a good marketing firm and lets be frank, marketing is your key to success in this endeavor.

EDIT: I understand you are good willed, and perhaps have quite talented designers at your disposal. However from my perspective, as someone with a decent grasp of marketing techniques and countless hours of research into the best distribution channels for my own games, I can see that your current feature list shows a lack of understanding of the area you plan to service.

I am happy to explain why I think this, if you would like. But I understand you aren't looking for advice from this post so I'll stay (relatively) quiet.
------ ----- ---- --- -- -Export-Games.com is searching for talented and friendly developers. Visit our Help Wanted post for more info!My Indie development uber Journal - A game production walk through.
I dont trust this. If that is their website, not only is it incomplete it is extremely unprofessional (noticice the text in the incomplete areas -- a halmark of Microsoft Publisher and simmilar tools). Poor grammar doesn't bother me simply because the ads for most big name companies aren't much better.

Anyway, SoapBath, you need to show us something that will prove your authenticity... otherwise we will continue to be extremely skeptical of you and your comments.
There was a saying we had in college: Those who walk into the engineering building are never quite the same when they walk out.
Quote:Original post by medevilenemy
I dont trust this. If that is their website, not only is it incomplete it is extremely unprofessional (noticice the text in the incomplete areas -- a halmark of Microsoft Publisher and simmilar tools). Poor grammar doesn't bother me simply because the ads for most big name companies aren't much better.

Anyway, SoapBath, you need to show us something that will prove your authenticity... otherwise we will continue to be extremely skeptical of you and your comments.

Well I did a quick whois on puresystems.co.uk and it's owner lives in Devon, about five minutes from me infact. That clashes with the OP's location wich is many hours drive away from here. Either way the website clearly isn't a publisher effort and the fill text is used by anyone who makes lots of websites.
------ ----- ---- --- -- -Export-Games.com is searching for talented and friendly developers. Visit our Help Wanted post for more info!My Indie development uber Journal - A game production walk through.
Quote:Original post by medevilenemy
(noticice the text in the incomplete areas -- a halmark of Microsoft Publisher and simmilar tools)
Actually, the lorem ipsum text is a standard placeholder text held over from print media.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement